Search This Blog

Q&A: If I died tomorrow without having the Lord finish the work that needs to be done in my life what would happen to me?

QUESTION: I am a new Christian. If I died tomorrow without having the Lord finish the work that needs to be done in my life what would happen to me?

Do you remember the thief on the cross next to Jesus? He made a general confession of sin ("...we deserve to die...") but he certainly didn't have time to work through all the issues of his life. Neither did the Lord really have time to finish the work that needed to be done in his life. He was hanging on a cross and the ONLY WAY he was coming down was by dying first.

And yet, do you remember our Lord's words to that man? He said, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise." Luke 23:43 (NIV)

The Apostle Paul told us that when we are absent from the body, we are then "at home" with the Lord. (2 Cor. 5:8) There are no intermediate stops along the way, or places where we spend time to get ourselves made ready for heaven.

When you determined in your heart to trust Christ for the forgiveness He offers through His work on the cross, your eternal destination was sealed in His blood. You are His. Your sins are forgiven. There is now NOTHING that He holds against you because total forgiveness has been secured on your behalf.

The work is done! It is finished. The debt has been paid in full.

We spend the rest of our earthly lives living for Him and learning to walk in obedience and wisdom, but when this life draws to a close, there is now NOTHING between you and His never-removed presence. THAT is what awaits you...and nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment