Search This Blog

Q&A: Is it okay for me to be baptized after re-dedicating my life to Christ even if I was baptized when I was young?

Q&A: Is it okay for me to be baptized after re-dedicating my life to Christ even if I was baptized when I was young?

I've been asked this same question many times over the years and I must confess at the outset that the Bible does not specifically give us an answer. 
 
Over the years I have talked to dozens of believers who were either baptized into a church which they later came to realize was unbiblical, or they consented to water baptism at an age where their understanding and appreciation of water baptism was incomplete. In such cases I see nothing wrong with being baptized once again.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your opinion.. Also, I do understand that Anyone can be called by the Lord at any stage in life, some very young and other much later on in life, but the understanding of baptism is off with the old and on with the new, it is a profession of faith and confession as I am now raised with Christ by the operation of faith in which he has given each.. Not a religious rule or check mark to get to God

    ReplyDelete