Search This Blog

Q&A: Growing up I was always told that if you sin after accepting Jesus you will lose your salvation.

Q: Growing up I was always told that if you sin after accepting Jesus you will lose your salvation. Is that true?

So basically you were taught that Jesus saves us, but staying saved is up to us! But the Bible teaches that our salvation is a gift from God and the forgiveness we are granted through Jesus is ongoing.  — even when we sin.

One of the most wonderful promises from God's Word is found in 1 John 1:7 which says:

...if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

​​The verb ​"purifies" is in the present tense in the Greek, which speaks of an on-going provision ​of forgiveness ​against present and future ​sins.​ It could literally be translated this way:

​and the blood of Jesus, his Son, ​KEEPS ON CLEANSING ​US from all sin.

G​od knows that we are sinful and imperfect and He made a way for the sacrifice of His Son to keep pouring out His mercy on our lives. 

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Paul Rosales
    I would like you to know that I was born and raised in a Muslim family, so my Muslim name is Mohammed Seed but I have now officially changed my name to Joshua Saunyama, but after listening to your messages and read your articles on this section of Questions and Answers. I became a Student of all your articles.
    As a Muslim I was always afraid of demons , death and going to Hell because in ISLAM RELIGION there is no scripture in the whole Quran that gives any Muslim about the assurance of salvation, because Islam is religion of works, you have to keep trying the best of your ability to please Allah since in Islam everybody is a servant of Allah but when I began to read THE BIBLE and your articles I discovered I can become a child of God. I have given my life to JESUS AS MY LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR OF MY LIFE.
    As a Muslim I was taught to hate all Jews, all Christians, and all white people especially Americans. I will send you the full details of my TESTIMONY.
    Your brother in Christ
    Joshua.

    ReplyDelete